Subject: Re: sparks for explosions.....
From: Ace Miles <[email-masked]>
To: The LightWave mailing list <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 28 Apr 1996 11:03:53 -0700

At 01:25 PM 4/28/96 -0500, you wrote:
>>Does anyone have any suggestions for making sparks in an explosion fly out
>>in all directions (for example babylon 5's explosions) 
>>
>I've gotten the best results by layering multiple particle animations onto
>the same explosion. Contrary to popular opinion, you don't *have* to comp a
>real fire sequence into your animation, although it helps. 
---------------------------------------------------------------------
>Andrew Weiler               The Animation Machine Inc.

This type of effect can be GREATLY enhanced in LW 5.0

There is now a SurfFuzz shader. This shader is for use with particles.
This shader will blur your particles to help create realistic fire and smoke
effects. The shader has settings that can be changed to create differing
effects. You can control:

Fuzz width and height
Transparency
Shape (radial, gaussian, square and sphere)

IMHO this can create effects every bit as good as effects I've seen done in
Alias!

Just one more reason the upgrade is worth EVERY penny :)

-Ace

 Ace Miles * Senior Animator * Atari Games/Williams Entertainment
       [email-masked] (work)  or   [email-masked] (home)
     My opinions are not necessarily those of my employer.
      Although legally they own everything I come up with.   

--- From the LightWave mailing list <[email-masked]> --------
--- This message posted by:  Ace Miles <[email-masked]>
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
--- For information, send e-mail to:  [email-masked] --------
--- Message should include the phrase INFO LIGHTWAVE on a line by itself ---